It’s Time to Shine
Pastor Javon Ruff
Sunday, May 2, 2021
Ephesians 5:14-18; Isaiah 60:1-3; Matthew 5:16
Right now, we have an opportune time to make an impact on this world like never before. We have not seen our greatest days or the greatest outpouring of the Holy Spirit yet, but it’s coming. There is still so much to do so that souls can be saved and lives can be changed. We have the opportunity of a lifetime set before us and God’s end-time plan for the salvation of men and women everywhere is us.
1. Your lifetime IS an opportunity. You are here for a purpose and for THIS generation---and your generation. Time is confined. You cannot save time but you can use it wisely. Your time in earth is limited and we are not promised tomorrow. Make today count.
2. Opportunity will be met with opposition. When God opens doors there is often difficulty and opposition. But God will deal with that opposition. Opposition is an indication and an affirmation of what God has done and continues to do.
3. We live in uncertain times-but we have a history of thriving in uncertain times. Just because we have uncertain times, it doesn’t mean we have an uncertain future. These times require faith and hope in our God. He will complete what He started in you (Philippians 1:6).
4. If He shined through for you before, He will do it again. Our God does not change.
5. Walk wisely. The days are evil but we have a Savior who has overcome.
6. There will be “latter times.” In these latter times many will fall away as demonic influence increases with darkness and deception. These are those who reject the Bible. The Word of God is not a menu, it is a manual. Your opinion does not matter when stacked against the truth of God’s Word.
7. There will be perilous times. II Timothy 3:2-5 was written to believers and it is true for today. We cannot allow this to compromise our faith. We must continue to conform to God’s Word.
8. The truth doesn’t always feel good. The truth of God’s Word convicts, but it also sets you free. Do not go back to what made you sick, like a dog to its vomit. God loves you and He is FOR you but demands to be first in your life.
9. Redeem the time. When the world gets the darkest, we shine the brightest. When it looks like everything is falling apart---dig in and hold tight to your faith because God is moving.
10. We need the power from on high to make a difference here below. We cannot impact the world with our own power. We must be baptized in the Holy Spirit
1. Arise. It is time to break out and come up. Breakout so you can break others through. God is calling us all to a higher place. We must be passionate about the things of God.
2. Shine. We are reflectors of what we have received. Your light has to reflect the amazing light of God. He didn’t save you to simply sit in church. You were saved to reflect Jesus. Let your light shine and glorify God (Matthew 5:16). We must shine like never before.
You must let the light of God transform you so you can do the good works that will reflect the love and power of God. When God elevates you, it’s to give God visibility. The blessing is not about you. He opened the doors for you to accomplish His purpose through your life. Will you shine for Him? It’s time that we shine like never before with passion and worship. The people will be drawn to the light you reflect and the “gentiles” will come from all over out of the darkness. People are looking for authentic Christians that shine and honor God. It’s our time to shine like never before. What are you doing with your time? Are you reflecting the Light or are you hiding from it? Your elevation is all about increasing His visibility. Ask the Lord to use you to shine in a dark world today.
Dr. Mark Rutland
Pastor Jentezen Franklin
Pastor Javon Ruff
Pastor Jentezen Franklin
Baptisms with Pastor Jentezen Franklin
Free Chapel is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). Founded in 1979, ECFA has more than 1,500 leading Christian nonprofit organizations as members. When a ministry has the ECFA seal, its donors can know that the organization’s “financial house” is in order and can see where their resources are going. We believe that our ECFA membership offers accountability and proves that donors can give with confidence to this ministry as we partner together to win souls for God’s kingdom.
For more information, visit ECFA.